Arizona Drug Detox
Are you in search of a high-quality drug rehab clinic in Arizona for either yourself or a loved one? If so, we can offer you all the information needed to make a smart and informed decision. If you are suffering from an addiction to methamphetamines, heroin, marijuana or prescription drugs, contact our drug detox specialists today to find the right treatment center for you or a loved one.
Deciding on Inpatient or Outpatient Detox
One of the first and most important decisions you will need to make is whether to enroll in inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation. Most people are quick to choose outpatient rehab, as it can usually be more convenient and cheaper. Whichever you decide, it’s always good to be informed so that you can choose the best option.
Arizona Treatment Facts
- The state of Arizona is ranked 6th for accepting and servicing IHS/638 contract care clients for every 100,000 people living in the state
- After population adjustments have been made, Arizona ranks 11th for having treatment centers that accept and service older adults. The state ranking just under is Oregon and the next best is Nebraska.
- Arizona ranks 12th for accepting and servicing LGBTQ patients. The next worse state is Iowa and the next best is Oregon.
- Arizona is ranked 13th in accepting and servicing people who come from military families. The next under is Utah and the next best state is District of Columbia.
- Arizona is 13th in accepting and servicing patients who wish to undergo other treatment approaches, for every 100,000 people living in the state.
To stay up to date on the drug and alcohol abuse of its residents, Arizona takes a survey every year. According to this survey, published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 10.4% of the population age 12-17 has used illicit substances in the past month. That is a full percentage point higher than the national average, indicating that future addiction could be more prevalent in the state than in other parts of the country. When seeking treatment, the most popular question asked is “what the drug of use is?” This is an important question and needs to be evaluated in order to find the best type of care for that person. In Arizona, the trends have been more steady over the past few years.
The most popular drugs of choice in Arizona are:
Additional Treatment Facts for Arizona
- 10.4% of the youth population between the age of 12 and 17 have reported using an illicit substance in the past month, which is much higher than the national average of just 9.1%.
- 4.9% of the youth population between the ages of 12 and 17 have reported using cigarettes in the past month, a statistic that is lower than the national average of 5.2%.
- 13.2% of the youth population between the ages of 12 and 17 have reported binging on alcohol, which is just slightly lower than the national average of 14%.
- In Arizona, 5.2% of the youth population between ages 12 and 17 have reported using pain relieving medication recreationally, a percentage higher than the national average of 4.7%.
- 13.2% of the youth population between the ages of 12 and 17 have reported having depression, a figure higher than the national average of 11%.
- Of that 13.2%, only 35.7% received treatment for their clinical depression, meaning 64.3% did not.
- 7.6% of residents age 12 or older reported abusing or being addicted to alcohol in Arizona. This statistic is much higher than the national average of 6.5%.
- In regards to heavy alcohol use, the figure for the state of Arizona (6.4%) is about even with the national average of 6.7%.
Past Year Illicit Drug Dependence or Abuse Among Individuals Aged 12 or Older in Arizona and the United States (2010–2011 to 2013–2014)
Source: SAMHSA, Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, National Surveys on Drug Use and Health, 2010–2011 to 2013–2014.
Why Drug Detox is Necessary in Arizona
It would be ideal if everyone who needed help with their addiction could get it. Unfortunately, due to resilience and/or fear of enrolling in a formal program, people continue to live with crippling addictions. Although the number of people who actively seek rehab has been rising over the years, there are still a considerable number of people who do not. Every day you or a loved one remain in the clutches of addiction means an increased chance of overdose or death.
What Are the Detox Options in Arizona?
Because of the recent influx of methamphetamine abuse, more rehab clinics have begun to pop up in the Arizona area. These usually are specialized in treating methamphetamine as well as other drugs. For the best possible care, it might be best to seek out treatment facilities in the Los Angeles or San Francisco area as these areas offer the highest quality care for treatment of certain substances that might not be available in Arizona. Although not as prevalent as California, Arizona has a few high-quality facilities in the Phoenix and surrounding areas.
Should You Choose Out-of-state Drug Detox or Rehab?
The benefits of attending an out of state rehab include:
- Increased privacy of care
- Separation from stressors at home
- Highest-quality treatment
- More therapeutic options
- Better focus on recovery
If you or a loved one is in need of rehabilitation or drug detox, please call us at (877) 262-6566 to speak to one of our specialists!