Delaware Drug Detox

 Are you in search of a high-quality drug rehab clinic in Delaware for either yourself or a loved one? If so, we can offer you all the information needed to make a smart and informed decision. If you are suffering from an addiction to methamphetamines, heroin, marijuana or prescription drugs, a qualified drug detox facility can help you get clean.

Deciding on Inpatient or Outpatient Detox

The first and possibly most important decision that you will have to make when considering the type of rehab is whether you should attend inpatient or outpatient care. Although most people choose outpatient care because they believe it will be more comfortable and cheap, it is not always the best option. No matter what you choose, it’s important to be knowledgeable before you decide.

Treatment Facts for Delaware

Past Year Treatment for Illicit Drug Use Among Individuals Aged 12 or Older with Illicit Drug Dependence or Abuse in Delaware (Annual Average, 2010–2014)

 

Source: SAMHSA, Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, National Surveys on Drug Use and Health, 2010–2014.
  • The state of Delaware is actually the number 1 state in treatment centers accepting senior citizens and older adults for every 100,000 people living in the state. The next best is the District of Columbia.
  • After population adjustments had been made, the state of Delaware ranked 3rd in treatment facilities that accepted people who had HIV and/or AIDS. The state of Alaska is ranked 2nd and Connecticut is ranked 4th.
  • Delaware is ranked 5th for treating and accepting LGBTQ individuals. Hawaii is ranked one spot better and Wyoming is one spot below.
  • The treatment centers in Delaware are also ranked 5th in accepting active duty military for every 100,000 residents.

Surveys on these statistics are taken every year to help local and federal governments stay in touch with their residents who are in need of treatment. In one study published by the Delaware Substance Abuse and Mental Health Issues At-A-Glance, Delaware suffered from a 6.9% addiction rate among residents, compared to the national average of 6.6 in 2012. Although this is not much higher than the national average, it still means that thousands of people are struggling with an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Additionally, because the trends of Delaware’s drug use have remained consistent over the years, many people are struggling with the same problems.

The most commonly used drugs in Delaware are:

  1. Alcohol
  2. Marijuana
  3. Cocaine
  4. Heroin

Between 2010 and 2014, only 9.9% of those who suffered from an addiction to alcohol actually reached out and received treatment. The other 90.1% continued to struggle with it.

Additional Treatment Facts About Delaware:

  • 5.8% of adolescents age 12-17 reported having used cigarettes in the past month before being surveyed. This is slightly lower than the national average of 5.2%.
  • 14.5% of adolescents age 12-17 reported having binged on alcoholic beverages in the past month before being surveyed. This is higher than the national average of 14%.
  • The percentage of youth age 12-17 using prescription painkillers recreationally is even with the national average, at 4.7%
  • 10.4% of adolescents age 12-17 reported feeling intense bouts of depression between 2013 and 2014. This is slightly lower than the national average of 11%.
  • Of that 10.4%, only 46.6% received treatment for their depression, the other 53.4% didn’t receive any help at all.
  • 6.2% of people in Delaware age 12-17 reported having either abused or being dependent on alcohol between 2013 and 2014. This is higher than the national average at 6.5%.

Past Year Illicit Drug Dependence or Abuse Among Individuals Aged 12 or Older in Delaware and the United States (2010–2011 to 2013–2014)

Source: SAMHSA, Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, National Surveys on Drug Use and Health, 2010–2011 to 2013–2014.

How Badly is Drug Detox needed in Delaware?

Because there are so many people in the state of Delaware who need help with addiction, there are just not enough resources to help them in their home state. Believe it or not, there are less than 50 drug rehab facilities in Delaware and many of them have very long wait lists. This makes getting urgent help almost impossible at times. This is why we recommend that those suffering from addiction and looking for treatment search outside of their state unless immediate openings are available in your town or city. Because only 12 programs in the state offer residential treatment and only four offer the drug methadone — to help curve withdrawal symptoms and increase the potential to remain sober — options for some people can be limited in this state.

Should you Choose Out-of-state Drug Rehab?

Here are a few of the potential benefits from going out-of-state for your treatment:

  • You will have much more privacy throughout your care
  • You will have distance between you and any negative stressors back home
  • You can receive the best-quality treatment by traveling
  • Get the most therapeutic options by going to a specialist
  • A heightened focus on your recovery

If you or a loved one is in need of addiction treatment, please call us at (877) 262-6566 to speak to one of our addiction specialists!

Search By Topic or State


Sponsored

Seeking Help For (required)
SelfLoved One


Select Insurance (required)




Input this code: captcha